Hickman & Smith Architects is a RIBA chartered practice with a passion for creating beautiful spaces. We work on the basis that good design requires the careful consideration of context, selection of materials and maximum use of natural light to create harmonious living and working spaces. We also know that these spaces only come to life when people can enjoy them, which is why we are committed to delivering projects that respond to the wishes of our clients, look great and work well.
The practice was established in Leicester in 2012 and we work on projects up and down the UK. Browse our portfolio to find projects we’ve worked on in Birmingham, London and Scotland, as well as the East Midlands.
Read our journal to find out more about our story.
Part I / Part II Architectural Assistant
We are looking to appoint a talented and conscientious Architectural Assistant to join our team. We are looking for an individual who is a quick learner, able to work as part of a team and to self-manage in order to meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working within a UK architectural practice.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work across all RIBA stages.
- Technical knowledge of construction, planning and building regulations.
- Confidence in both written and verbal communication with colleagues and clients alike.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter/email with a copy of your CV and portfolio to email@example.com. Please specify in your email when you would be able to commence work.
To be negotiated depending upon experience.